Saturday, October 5, 2013

Heavy Gear Project Update (September 2013)

A week late, but I have been busy. 

Currently I am sitting on the materials for three different forces:
- WFPA 08th Airborne "Drop Bears"
- ESE "OpFor"
- PRDF

It would figure that the ESE is going the best.  I only have so much to work with, and I do not plan to buy anything for it beyond what I have, so getting settled on a list seems fairly simple.  Planning for 750pts for a "demo" army, with options to expand as necessary.  I have the whole thing nearly done, with one GP squad having just been assembled and based.  I am thinking about taking the other squad home with me and stripping the paint as I am able, so I can reassemble it when I get back.  All that is left is the Strike Cadre.  I do have photos, but I wanted to post this up before I worked on that.

The Drop Bears are a bit more difficult.  Same deal, I am pretty sure I have everything I need to play it, but settling on the options for an army that has a TON of great options is not as easy as expected.  Regardless, planning it for the 1000-1500 range, so that I can mix and match for smaller games.  It should also leave me with a bunch of extra figures, which I can go on to sell/trade. 

PRDF is sitting in a box in the closet, waiting on the release of the new PRDF manual, supposedly by the holidays.  Either way, its not an issue, that is where they will remain until the book comes out.  I have two assembled squads that came that way which I can use in the ERE force if I need to. 

I have VIDEO!  Got my setup together and recorded an unboxing of the Starter Set, Arena, as well as some basic "how I clean up my minis" viewing.  I still need to edit it and put it up on youtube though, which I am hesitant to do.  Still, its good experience.  I just want to have more of a 'script' if you know what I mean?  There are already so many good videos out there, its just that none of them really cover some of the things I am covering. 

The plan is to do it all on my mac, I think there are a few programs on this that will let me edit the video, add effects, etc.  Its going to be amateurish, but its something.

No comments:

Post a Comment