Sunday, August 11, 2013

Content Inbound

Things have been busy.  Not so busy that I could not plan and work on projects, but busy enough that posting has been difficult.  So, just in case anyone reads these still, I am sorry for that.  I actually  have several posts following up on my Volksgrenadier posts that I wrote without internet access.  Trying to find a way to date them for when I wrote them, but will get them up regardless.

Currently I am away from the majority of my gaming supplies, including tools, paint, and a suitable location to even assemble what I do have.  That problem should be taken care of soon, but even without that I plan to catch up on all of my 'planning' articles. 

Right now, my gaming list is as follows:

Force on Force - US, Insurgent
Flames of War - LW German (variety)
Historical - DBA Roman, DBA Hun

That is what I have available to play as is.  Small list, especially compared to my 'to-do' list, which is as follows:

Force on Force - US (support/extras), Russian
Flames of War - LW American Armored, LW Named German Armored (Bäke possibly)
Heavy Gear - PRDF, Leagueless (Desert Wolves), WFPA
Historical - DBA Byzantine, Saga Byzantine, Saga Norman


Part of the reason I started the blog was to document my process in my hobbies.  Originally, with DBA/Historicals, I went looking for "how-to" guides and found very little that was useful.  So, getting some advice from local painters (many thanks to Mark Krabbenhoft and the other painters at Compleat Games and Hobbies in Colorado Springs [now most of whom are at The Yellow King, also in Colorado Springs]), I set out to document what I was doing.  Maybe someone can use it, but also, I would know what I did when I took some time off from the hobby (as I do from time to time). 

I am going to work on documenting the whole process, from getting my first pack to having a completed force for Heavy Gear, in the hopes to turn it into a full-blown guide later on.  I think I might do the same with Saga as well. 

There is also an article on "Gaming for Less" in how you can get the most bang for your buck with hobbies.  Games can be incredibly expensive, but they do not HAVE to be so expensive.  I have managed to do it fairly well, so maybe I could help another future gamer get into a hobby they might not of otherwise due to cost. 

There is a lot of material in my notebook that will end up here.  Right now, I am trying to find a decent camera set up for better photos, as well as some way to record video (because sometimes, you just need to SEE how something is done.. well, I do anyway).  If anyone has suggestions on either, it would be appreciated. 

Getting excited for the upcoming projects, so if you are reading, thank you for sticking with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment