Monday, September 8, 2014

Finding Supplies

So, let me start off by saying I am the kind of person who likes to be prepared for things.  When I find a tool I like, I buy two, just in case one breaks or gets lost.  I find a paint I like, I tend to have a few, or a line on them.  New box that works well?  I will probably use several, might as well have them ready.  

That being said, I rarely find myself in a situation where I run out of something and am unable to replace it.  But, it does happen, and is incredibly frustrating.  

In this case, it would be the Battlefront spray paint, specifically the Mid/Late War German Armor (dunkelgelb or a medium dark yellow).  It was perfect for a base coat.  Put a layer on, airbrush the other camo colors, add details, and that was that.  Naturally, it has been out of stock since 2012 when I got back into playing.  I had figured I would exhaust my supply, paint all my vehicles, and by the time I got back into playing (or whenever I saw it available) I would pick up a new can.  Turns out, it never came back into stock.  Looks like they just quit making it, and even the other companies that tried up make up for the lack have also run out.  

This could be a mixed blessing, I suppose.  In 1945, at the end of the war, many vehicles were rushed right out of the factories with a variety of paint jobs done, so I could paint different units in different styles to reflect this.  I also managed to get most of my armor base coated in the spray while I had it, so there are only a few units that really NEED it.  Still, frustrating.  Feels like I am reinventing the process I had set up.  

Also trying to find suppliers for the few models I still need.  Bartertown has gotten me much of what I needed, but there are still a few packs I need to buy to be done with it.  No stores in my area stock Flames of War, so I am back to looking online.  Joy.  

Ah well, at least something is getting done.

No comments:

Post a Comment