Monday, August 8, 2011

700pt Infantry Aces list

This weekend was the first in the second phase of the Cassino Infantry Aces campaign. I had the opportunity to play a new old player who was running a British list. I did not record the details of turns, but it was a No Retreat on Snakeshead Ridge. I was defending, and it allowed me to try a few things out. My list was as follows:

Grenadierkompanie - FE2

HQ - Command/2iC (SMG) + Mortar Section
Grenadier Platoon - 3 Squads - HQ SMG/PzKnacker
Grenadier Platoon - 3 Squads
Grenadier Pioneer Platoon - 2 Squads - HQ SMG/PzKnacker - 1 Flame Thrower
Rocket Launcher Battery - 3 Launchers

695 Points


The HQ/Grenadier Platoons were pretty standard from the 500pt list. Same as the Mortar section. I dropped the HMG's I had been running, and added the Pioneers and Nebelwerfers.

The Rocket Launchers were well worth the points. With the nature of the small games, two sections would be overkill I think, especially for the points, but three launchers did the trick. No penalty to the range-in if its on the second or third try was especially handy.

The Pioneer platoon also did better than I had expected. I used them as a reserve force for assaulting. The flame thrower pinned the platoon down, and they swept them off the hill I was defending. However, I found out later that they are unable to contest an objective (because they are support), and even though it made no difference it will cause me to revise the list I think.

Here is what I am considering:

HQ - Command/2iC (SMG)
Grenadier Platoon - 3 Squads
Grenadier Platoon - 3 Squads
Rocket Launcher Battery - 3 Launchers
Grenadier Machine-Gun Platoon - 1 Section
Grenadier Mortar Platoon - 2 Sections

700pts exactly, with 5 platoons. Decent amount of ranged potential with the Rockets and Mortars. HMG's were quite useful before. I can also Kampfgruppe a third platoon to help with deployment and company morale checks. Now, I just need to pick up some more mortars.

No comments:

Post a Comment