Tuesday, August 23, 2011

PMC Multicam almost done!

While somewhat stalled with my germans (I cant tell who has camo smocks on so as to paint them properly!), I pulled out my 15mm Moderns and started working on them.  I must say, it is somewhat refreshing to have just a handful of individual models to paint, rather than an equal number of bases to paint, each base having 3-4 figures.

So, there is a story with my choices for moderns.  When I picked up Ambush Alley (the book before the new Force on Force was out) I was really big into Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2.  My whole plan with playing Ambush Alley was to, more or less, play a tabletop version of the video game.  I got a unit of Rangers, a unit of Spetsnaz, and some Insurgents.  Since they seemed to be necessary in a few scenarios, I also got a pack of PMC's (Private Military Companies/Contractors).

My intent was to just do generic Contractors, but today while priming my Rangers and Spestsnaz, I got the idea of painting them up like me and my friends when we did Airsoft as a PMC squad.  MultiCam pants, black polo shirt, coyote brown vest, black ball cap, etc.

Somehow, I managed to break through my usual indecision and actually figure out how to paint them up in something that looks like MultiCam, and all in all I think it looks pretty much like the pants I have on (a fairly well used pair of MultiCam pants).  So, here it is:









It still needs a brown ink wash.  Debating using my usual ink, or the Army Painter dip.  After that, seal, matte, finish base, and done.  Maybe an hours worth of work?

No comments:

Post a Comment