Saturday, August 6, 2011

Nebelwerfer Bases

In the second phase of the Cassino Infantry Aces campaign we are allowed more options with support, and I decided to expand into a battery of these rocket launchers. Generally, I try to look up as much info as I can on a weapon or unit before I start putting it together, in part to get it looking right, but also because I like the history of it. I wont go into a detailed report here, I figure if you are interested, you can readily find the info on your own.

The video below is one of the better ones of historical footage I found on youtube. Generally, I prefer the Panzerwerfers due to their mobility and extra crew (counts one launcher as two). However, for a limited point list, I think the Nebelwerfer will give me more options for a very limited cost. At the very least, gives me some experience with assembling and basing artillery pieces.

In the video, you will note that they are mostly in the open, rather than in built up positions. I am going to reflect that in my basing, mostly because I dont feel confident enough with my basing ability to really make a dug-out or such for them. They have some footage of the launcher with shrubs or cut down trees nearby, so I might add something like that if I feel the base is too empty. I would prefer to save the 'built-up' look for when they are actually dug-in, for which I have the pre-painted markers (in this case, the log emplacements).

No comments:

Post a Comment