Tuesday, August 23, 2011

"WW3" Russians

I spent yesterday afternoon getting a layer of primer on my two squads of Russians.  They are advertised as Spetsnaz ( Rebel Miniatures Spetsnaz) but I think I want to paint them as Russian Airborne instead.  Call it a tribute to Red Dawn.  Tried to find some photos of the movie to show you the basis, but I am going to go ahead and guess if your reading this, you have probably seen it.  If not, its worth watching.

Anyway, here is what I did find from the movie:

Soviet paratroopers landing in "Colorado"





There is a scene in here where you see an officer and some paratroopers with the light blue beret.  I should probably re-watch it myself to get an idea of how they looked.  Anyway, in looking for more modern Russian uniforms I found these:




From what I have read, the "Flora" pattern is still in use (similar to the older US Woodland BDU), so they will be painted up like that.  Berets blue rather than crimson.

Main reason I am posting all this?  So my signifigant other isnt troubled by the dozen or so tabs I have open on the browser that is slowing it down.  Now, I can just reference here when I start painting.

Oh, and because I found it amusing, this is a photo taken (I think) by a bunch of the extras from the movie when they went out for Lunch while filming.



No comments:

Post a Comment